Source SDK now Orange Box readyEpisode 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2 are now compatible with the Source SDK | Posted by Brent on Nov 09th 07 06:29 AM
Although full support wasnt declared, authors now have the ability to create content for The Orange Box content. Later tools to utilize the latest additions to the Source engine will be added. I can't wait for mods using portals in unique ways.
The Source SDK has been updated with content and tools to create
maps, models, and textures for Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal, and
Team Fortress 2. In addition to support for games in The Orange Box,
the Source SDK can continue to be used to create content for other
top-selling Source engine-based games, such as Half-Life 2: Episode One
and Counter-Strike: Source.
Included in the Source SDK are:
- The Hammer World Editor, which provides the capability of creating custom levels for Source engine games
- Valve’s custom Faceposer tool that allows users to produce choreographed sequences in the Source engine
- A model viewer that allows artists to preview models and their animations quickly and easily
- Source code that allows mod makers to create their own game based on Half-Life 2 or Half-Life 2:Deathmatch
- All of the tools required to make build custom textures and models for Source engine games
Source SDK updates will provide new development tools, as well as
source code for creating single and multi-player mods that utilize the
latest Source engine features.